PNR mean ‘passenger name record’ its 10 Digit Unique Number generated when a passenger books a train ticket via Online/ Offline.
How to Check PNR Status?
For checking your PNR Status - Simply Enter Your PNR Number and Captcha code on above ‘Text Box’ and click on Go Button. That’s it.
PNR Status report will display on next page.
Another way to Check PNR Status
What if no Internet connection? You can still check PNR Status with your mobile or landline
- Just Dial 139 and follow the instructions.
- Via SMS: SMS PNR <10 Digit PNR Number> to 139 Example: PNR 1234567890
- Mobile App: Search on Google Play Store/ Apple Store
- Follow the steps below
- Just login into IRCTC website
- Mouse hover to enquiries tab
- Click on check PNR Status
- Enter PNR Number
- Click Get Status
How to book Indian Railway ticket?
- You can Book train tickets through online, at the ticket counter and Via SMS.
- Read this article for more information
Types of Indian Railway Tickets
There are three various kinds of tickets available on Indian Railway
- PRS Ticket: (Passenger Reservation System Counter Tickets): rectangle shaped card ticket that you book at ticket counter
- I-ticket: This ticket can book via Online. However, it's couriered to your location(in India Only)
- E-Ticket: Digital ticket that you book online on IRCTC and also various other ticket-booking sites
Frequently seen Quota codes in Indian Railways
|FT||Foreign Tourist Quota|
|SS||Lower Berth Quota|
|HO||Head quarters/high official Quota|
Accommodation Classes in Indian Railways
|1A||First AC Sleeper (Executive Class if the train is a Shatabdi Express)
|2A||Second AC Sleeper|
|FC ||First Class Non-AC|
|3A||Three-tier (third) AC Sleeper|
|3E||AC Sleeper Economy|
|SL||Sleeper Class Non-AC|
|CC||AC Chair Car|
|2S||Second Class (Sitting)|
Seat/Berth types in Indian Railways
|SL||Side Lower Berth|
|SM||Side Middle Berth|
|SU||Side Upper Berth|
By Amit Surti
Home | PNR Status | About | Privacy and Cookies | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2014-2016 PNR STATUS. All rights reserved.